The Jewish Studies program at Vanderbilt University brings together faculty from across the university to explore Jews and Judaism from biblical times to the present. The study of Judaism is integral to understanding crucial moments in the formation of Christianity and Islam as well as the different cultures of the modern Middle East, Europe, and America.
Our program reflects Vanderbilt’s commitment to advancing the understanding of diverse cultures and traditions. Students of all backgrounds will find in Jewish studies a wide array of approaches to Jewish experiences and learn to ask larger questions about cultural and religious identity, minority experience, and diasporic community.
The interdisciplinary nature of Jewish studies provides an excellent academic foundation for a variety of rewarding career paths, including professional schools such as law, medicine, and business. Jewish studies majors also go on to careers in public administration, government service, education, community service, the Foreign Service, ministry, and the rabbinate. Others pursue graduate studies in religion, international relations, history, literature, foreign languages, classics, social work, social science, and education. Jewish studies sharpens the analytic, linguistic, textual, and methodological tools necessary for advanced research and teaching.
- Modern Jewish History
- Rabbinic Hebrew
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Literature View 2083 other Bachelors in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All required parts of the Coalition Application or Common Application
- $50 nonrefundable application fee, or fee waiver for qualified students
- Official high school transcript
- Counselor letter of recommendation
- Two academic teacher letters of recommendation
- Optional for students applying for fall entry: SAT or ACT scores
- International applicants will be prompted to complete an international section of the Common Application
- Official results of the TOEFL iBT, TOEFL iBT Home Edition, TOEFL Essentials, IELTS, PTE Academic, or Duolingo English Test if applicable
- A completed College Scholarship Service (CSS) Profile, if applicable
International54840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54840 USD per year during 48 months.
National54840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54840 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Nashville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.