The program in Animal Science at the University of Georgia of study includes application of basic principles of selection, animal breeding, animal nutrition, reproduction, feeding and management of livestock for the production of meat, milk and wool. The equine program of study is also an application of basic and applied sciences to equine production for horses used as work or companion animals.
- Instruction with cattle, horses, sheep and swine
- Labs in the classroom and the field
- Undergraduate research opportunities
- Volunteer and work opportunities with the Animal and Dairy Livestock Arena
- Opportunities for work on the Animal Science Farm
- Participate in student clubs and organizations
- Internship opportunities with veterinary practices, breed associations, feed companies, animal health companies, laboratories, etc.
- Study abroad opportunities
- Food Animal Veterinary Incentive Program (FAVIP)
- The animal science curriculum is designed to provide technical and applied instruction in the biological, physical, and economic aspects of beef, swine, sheep, and horse production. It includes the selection, breeding, nutrition, reproduction, growth, and management of livestock in the production of meat and milk, or of horses as work or companion animals.
- Courses of a more basic nature may be emphasized by students who desire careers in science-related fields or who wish to pursue graduate or professional study. This major is highly recommended for persons wishing to enter a program of study in veterinary medicine.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVeterinary Medicine Animal Sciences View 302 other Bachelors in Animal Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Fee
- Transcript from your graduating high school
- SAT/ACT scores
- Secondary School Report/Counselor Recommendation
- Teacher/Other Letter of Recommendation
International28830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14415 USD per semester during 48 months.
National28830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14415 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State9790 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4895 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.