The Arts Administration program offered at Pennsylvania State University combines a broad exposure to the arts with significant training in management, marketing, event planning, strategic planning, writing, development, and digital communication.
The interdisciplinary Arts Administration program answers the growing need for leaders and administrators of arts organizations that must compete, survive, and thrive in a corporate world. Recognizing that these organizations have missions that are different from business corporations, the Arts Administration program aims to produce capable arts administrators, managers, and entrepreneurs with both aesthetic sensibilities and business acumen. Successful arts administration is crucial to the continued vitality of modern cultural institutions, creative enterprises, and arts organizations. If the public is to benefit, skilled arts administrators must facilitate the work of artists to realize their artistic vision and share it with the public, by executing the necessary financial, legal, and organizational decisions. In short, talented arts administrators are partners in a collaborative artistic process. The major includes the following options:
- Digital Media Option - emphasizes design and social media engagement, so that student may create and manage online content for cultural organizations. Students develop proficiency in web writing, image editing, layout, and communication-based advertising.
- Marketing Option - provides a business core for careers that emphasize fiscal planning with arts organizations. The coursework includes statistics, marketing research, and services marketing which is specific to arts and cultural organizations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Arts Administration
- Strategic Management and Planning for the Arts
- Fundraising and Grant Writing
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
For first-year, domestic students Early Action is November 15. We recommend submitting a complete application, including all required materials, by December 1.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Public Administration Digital Communication View 409 other Masters in Digital Communication in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official secondary school records
- Official test scores: SAT or ACT
- English language proficiency, if your native language is not English
International35984 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35984 USD per year during 48 months.
National35984 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35984 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State18454 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18454 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for University Park
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.