Why study Primary Education / Special Education at Flinders
- Gain all the skills and knowledge required to become a registered primary school teacher
- Earn an Education (Primary) - Special Education course from Flinders University in only four years that includes an education degree with a specialist educator degree
- Get work-ready with professional experience placements in primary schools where you can put your skills and knowledge into practice as a pre-service teacher
- Reflect critically on teaching, theory and life to achieve excellence and creativity in your teaching practice
Although the majority of education graduates go on to employment as teachers in the public or private sector, some choose to follow other pathways. The Bachelor of Special Education prepares you for a range of professional roles related to working with students requiring support with their literacy or numeracy development.
Potential occupations include:
- primary school teacher
- youth and children’s support officer
- special education teacher
- literacy/numeracy teacher/leader
Potential employers include:
- primary schools
- government schools
- independent schools
- government education departments
- special education settings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Disability and Neurodiversity
- Communication Diversity and Support Needs
- Teaching and Educational Contexts
- Special Education
- Professional Experience: Year 1 (Primary R-7)
- Students with Learning and Behavioural Difficulties
- Number and Algebra in Inclusive Classrooms
- Language Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Early Childhood Education View 68 other Bachelors in Early Childhood Education in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31000 AUD per year during 48 months.
National9653 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9653 AUD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.