American Studies majors, in consultation with the program head, construct two concentrations in which the majority of the upper-division coursework for the major is carried out.
Careers in American Studies
- A degree in American Studies from University of Texas at Dallas can prepare students for careers in nonprofit organizations, government, cultural industries, and the media, as well as in the corporate world. The bachelor’s degree in American studies is an excellent preparation for law or graduate school.
- The University’s Career Center is an important resource for students pursuing postgraduation employment. Licensed counselors are available to provide strategies for mastering job interviews, writing professional cover letters and resumes and connecting with campus recruiters, among other services.
- American Popular Culture
- American Studies for the Twenty-First Century3
- U.S. History Survey to Civil War
- U.S. History Survey from Civil War
- History of Texas
- American National Government
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History American Studies View 1996 other Bachelors in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Provide official, attested photocopies or certified copies of all high school transcripts, mark sheets or examination certificates showing the completion of 9th–12th grade graduation equivalent with grades/marks earned.
- Submit an official copy of final examinations taken at the end of the secondary school program, such as GCE ordinary-level and advanced-level examinations, school leaving certificates and matriculation exams.
International42042 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21021 USD per semester during 48 months.
National42042 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21021 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State15114 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7557 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Richardson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.