Gain professional experience in your first year of the Early Childhood Education programme from James Cook University and complete a total of 120 days of workplace learning over the course of your degree. Take advantage of JCU’s strong partnerships with childcare centres, kindergartens, preschools, and primary schools to develop your network and build practical job skills.
Develop specialist skills needed for teaching in rural and remote areas and work to improve Indigenous education outcomes. Study online (external) or on-campus and cover essential areas of child development, learning, behaviour, wellbeing, curriculum and education for the diverse learning needs of the early years.
JCU Education (Early Childhood Education) graduates have a nationally accredited degree that enables them to be employed across Australia.
Graduates can pursue careers in education in schools, preschools, kindergartens, and childcare centres.
This course is nationally accredited through the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL) in association with the Queensland College of Teachers (QCT). Graduates are eligible for teacher registration in Australia.
The Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Education) is fully accredited with ACECQA, which is the Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Education Perspectives and Practice
- Science and Sustainability in Education
- Foundations of Language and Literacy in Education
- Early Childhood Education and Care
- Technologies for Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Arts Education
- Educational Psychology: Learners and Learning
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 69 other Masters in Teaching in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 081938A
- Previous and current certificates and academic transcripts
- Grading Scale used at the institution/s you have undertaken your studies
- English proficiency test results (if required and available at time of application)
- Passport to confirm your name and citizenship (if available at time of application)
- English, Mathematics A or B or C and Authority Science
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International30400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30400 AUD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National6684 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6684 AUD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.