The Bachelor of Arts Criminology program at the University of Alberta offers students a specialized degree in criminology along with a well-rounded liberal arts education that includes Sociology as the subject of concentration, complimented by a set of interdisciplinary courses in Anthropology, Business, Economics, Educational Psychology, History, Human Ecology, Native Studies, Political Science, Philosophy, and Psychology.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Introductory Sociology
- Introduction to Social Statistics
- Introduction to Social Methodology
- Criminal Justice Administration In Canada
- Field Placement in Criminology
- Advanced Field Placement in Criminology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminal Law Civil & Private Law Criminology View 61 other Bachelors in Criminology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- English Language Arts 30-1
- Four subjects from Group A, B and/or C. A maximum of one Group B may be presented for admission. In order to maximize their future program and course choices, all students are encouraged to present a broad range of subjects across Group A and C.
- Mathematics 30-2 may be used for admission to the BFA or BDes programs, though some routes require or Mathematics 30-1 as a prerequisite for required courses (see below). Only one of Mathematics 30-1 or 30-2 will be used for admission purposes.
- See additional requirements below for specific routes.
International29500 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29500 CAD per year during 48 months.
National5692 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5692 CAD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Edmonton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.