Italian Studies majors at University of Houston must earn at least a 2.00 grade point average in all Italian courses counting toward the major and attempted at the University of Houston.
Students who have not taken their first three semesters of Italian at the University of Houston (including those with two or more years of high school Italian) must take a placement examination and see a department advisor before enrolling in Italian courses. Credit may be awarded by examination for courses at the 2000- and 3000-level. For information see the departmental advisor.
Transfer students must take at least 9 semester hours of advanced Italian course work in residence to qualify for a bachelor’s degree with a major in Italian Studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Second Year Italian
- Reading in Italian Literature to the Eighteenth Century
- Italian Conversation and Composition
- Culture of Italy
- Italian Culture Through Films
- Italian Heritage
- Survey of Italian Literature
- Theater in Italy: Text, Audience, and Performance
- Dante and His World
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguages View 1950 other Masters in Languages in United States
- Submit a $90, nonrefundable application fee to the University of Houston.
- Send your high-school and college transcripts either by mail or electronically to the Office of Admissions. High-school transcripts should include class rank. Once transcripts are submitted, they become property of the University of Houston and can’t be returned. Transcripts received for applicants who do not enroll will be kept on file for one year.
- If you graduated from a U.S. high school, a U.S.-accredited high school overseas or a U.S. university, or if you’re from a native English-speaking country, your SAT or ACT scores must be sent to the University of Houston.
International25934 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25934 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National25934 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25934 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State10274 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10274 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.