- The Geology major at Baylor University also focuses on the various processes above and below the surface that cause changes to the Earth's surface. These processes can include the formation of rocks, mountains and volcanoes, wind and water. It also can include gravity and ice, the formation of soils and caves and the motion of groundwater.
- Students studying Geology earn a Bachelor of Science degree. Geology students planning to specialize in paleontology should elect courses in biology. Those planning to specialize in mineralogy or petrology should take more chemistry courses. All students must complete an independent research study, an internship or a faculty-supervised research project. Because of the nature of the coursework, many students with either degree also move on to work in the petroleum industry.
- World Oceans
- Earthquakes and Natural Disaster
- Structural Geology
- Historical Geology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Geology Natural Sciences View 665 other Bachelors in Natural Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official transcripts can be mailed from your high school in a sealed and signed envelope or sent digitally through a secure electronic source (Slate.org, Parchment, CommonApp, or TRex).
- Applicants from schools with external exams or leaving certificates should have their exams or certificates submitted to Baylor directly from the testing agency (IGCSE, GCE, WAEC, CBSE, IB, etc.).
- Students applying from secondary schools outside of the U.S. are not required to submit standardized test scores for admission to Baylor;
International50232 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25116 USD per semester during 48 months.
National50232 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25116 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Waco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.