Cognitive Science from University of California, Santa Cruz provides a strong grounding in the principles of cognition through courses in cognitive psychology, and, in addition, provides breadth in the interdisciplinary aspects of cognitive science such as anthropology, linguistics, biology, philosophy, and computer science.
The cognitive science major is intended for students wishing to enter doctor of philosophy (Ph.D.) programs in cognitive psychology, cognitive science, or cognitive neuroscience to pursue careers in research; enter the field of public health, for example, to work with individuals with neurological disorders and learning disabilities; or to enter the technology-related fields such as human-computer interface design or human factors research; or pursue other related careers.
- The World of Babies
- Language Development
- Children and Technology
- Modeling Human Performance
- Psychology and Evolutionary Theory
- Weird Science
- Face Recognition
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Natural and Artificial Intelligence
- The Path to a Science of Dreaming
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Psychology of Reading
- The Psychology of Language
- Computer Mediated Communication
- Human Factors
- Human Learning and Memory
- Deception, Brain, and Behavior
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCognitive Sciences Linguistics View 1560 other Bachelors in Linguistics in United States
- You must achieve a minimum GPA of 3.00 in the "a–g" courses.
- Non-residents must earn a minimum GPA of 3.40.
- Take the ACT Plus Writing or the SAT with Essay
- The ACT Assessment plus the ACT Writing Test or the SAT with critical reading, mathematics, and writing scores from the same sitting.
- Proof of English Proficiency
International29754 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29754 USD per year during 48 months.
National29754 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29754 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State14025 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14025 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Santa Cruz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.