The motorsports industry is growing and expected to continue to grow at a rapid pace. By most accounts, Indiana, North Carolina, and England are recognized as the three leading local motorsports economies.
Indianapolis, while generally known as the home of open-wheel racing has a broad appeal. It is also known for sprint cars, midgets, karting, NHRA, and many other forms of racing. It is estimated that there are over 400 motorsports-related firms in the Indianapolis region including companies that produce engines, brakes, shocks, springs, and other racing products.
The educational objectives of the Motorsports Engineering undergraduate program from the Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis are to integrate engineering and life science principles into a comprehensive curriculum that produces graduates who can achieve the following career and professional accomplishments, if desired:
- Meet expectations of employers in Motorsports Engineering and related fields
- Achieve recognition and/or advancement consistent with their education
- Continue growth in professional knowledge through additional education, certification or licensing
The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools has reaffirmed accreditation for Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, including our regional education center, Indiana University-Purdue University Columbus, through 2022-2023.All public and private colleges and universities must be accredited by one of six regional associations in order to be eligible to receive financial aid from the federal government. IUPUI has been accredited by the commission since 1972 and is reviewed every 10 years for reaffirmation of accreditation.
- Vehicle Dynamics
- Data Acquisition in Motorsports
- Fluid Mechanics
- Fluid Labs
- Dynamic Systems and Signals
- Computer Aided Design and Analysis
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAutomotive Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 36 other Bachelors in Automotive Engineering in United States
- Submit your application and essay
- Pay the application fee or request a fee waiver
- Have your test scores sent to IUPUI
- Have your official high school transcript sent to IUPUI
- Have official transcripts from any dual-credit or college courses sent to IUPUI (if applicable)
- Submit credentials for any education completed outside the U.S. (if applicable)
- Complete the Prior Conduct Information and Release form (if applicable)
International33347 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33347 USD per year during 48 months.
National33347 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33347 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State9944 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9944 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Indianapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.