Binghamton University offers two degrees in this field: BA in Actuarial Science and BS in Actuarial Science. To become an actuarial major is probably the best way to get into the track.
However, before you declare a major in actuarial science, you may want to take a second and think about the following questions very carefully:
- Have you shown strong aptitude in mathematics or quantitative skills in general? An example would be grades of your calculus courses. Usually, if you did not get a grade greater than B in calculus, it is early indicator that you may have some problems in the actuarial program. In extreme cases, you may suffer from studying something that you are not very good at, fail several attempts to an exam and may not even find a job related to actuarial career after graduation.
- Are you a self-motivated person? Can you work on yourself to study the materials without an instructor standing behind you who forces you to study the stuff? Do you study because you want to become an actuary or your parents want you to become an actuary? Remember there are still many exams to take even after you graduate from college.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Linear Algebra
- Number Systems
- Intro to Financial Mathematics
- Ordinary Differential Equation
- Dynamical Systems
- Actuarial Mathematics
- Macroeconomic Theory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 983 other Bachelors in Actuarial Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit Your Transcript
- Complete the Test-Optional Form
- Submit One Teacher/Counselor Recommendation
- Demonstrate English Proficiency
- Submit Financial Support Documents
International24660 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24660 USD per year during 48 months.
National24660 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24660 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State7270 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7270 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Binghamton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.