About the program:
- This degree program provides the opportunity for students to develop a unique program of study combining courses from three or more University of New Mexico departments and/or colleges.
- With the help of a Liberal Arts and Integrative Studies advisor, students will structure a comprehensive plan of study, which will be thematically based and multidisciplinary in nature. The B.A. degree also enables students who have obtained a certificate or associate degree at an accredited community college to complete a bachelor’s degree at The University of New Mexico.
- The Liberal Studies degree is not intended for the undecided student, and it may not be part of a double major – however, it may be used as a dual or second degree. Liberal Arts is a major only, and while no official minor is required to be declared with this major, the use of an existing departmental minor is encouraged.
- Strict compliance with B.A. requirements is mandatory for admission to and continuation in the program. Changes to approved plans of study may be made only in consultation with an advisor.
- A bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts is different from all other Bachelor's degrees in that it’s curriculum is not pre-approved by an academic department, and may not follow a traditional academic discipline or career path. It is self-designed by each student to meet very specific academic or career goals.
Programme StructureCourses Included
- Physical and Natural Science
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
We accept students on a rolling basis, but ideally you should start your application about 10-12 months before the term your plan to start.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Liberal Arts Fine Arts View 2720 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in United States
1. Demonstrated competence in the writing of English as evidenced by one of the following: • Completion of ENGL 1110 (or ENGL 1110Y; or ENGL 1110Z) and 1120 with a grade of "C" (2.00) or higher in both; • A score of 29 or better on the English portion of the Enhanced ACT; • A score of 650 or better on the verbal portion of the SAT; • Successful completion of a Writing Proficiency Portfolio (see the English Department for details); or • Credit for ENGL 1120 through CEEB advanced placement program.
2. A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00 or higher.
3. Twenty-six or more earned credit hours applicable to this program.
4. Completion of LAIS 199 with a grade of "CR".
International27166 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27166 USD per year during 48 months.
National27166 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27166 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10860 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10860 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Albuquerque
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.