The Social Work program from University of British Columbia assists you in acquiring competencies in social service delivery in the context of decolonization and social justice. This includes pedagogical and practice frameworks aimed at addressing issues of power and discrimination based on age, race, gender, sexual orientation, class, culture, and other categories.
The educational objective of the program is to provide you with the knowledge, values, ethics, and skills necessary for an initial level of professional practice focusing on the interface between personal problems and public issues.
The Bachelor of Social Work degree is accredited by the Canadian Association for Social Work Education (CASWE). Prospective international students should determine certification requirements in the country of their intended practice.
Professional social work practice in diverse settings including child protection, health and mental health, community development, and educational settings. Graduates work in countless public and private agencies and organizations in numerous capacities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Work Practice
- Interviewing Skills
- Integrative Seminar in Social Work Theory, Policy and Practice
- Social Analysis for Social Work Practice
- Culture and Race in Social Work Practice
- Canadian Social Policy
- Advanced Integrative Seminar in Social Work Theory, Policy and Practice
- First Nations Social Issues
- Integrative Seminars in Social Work
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
The BSW program consists of 66 credits for students who enter without a bachelor’s degree, or 60 credits for those entering the program with a bachelor’s degree.
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Public Policy View 159 other Bachelors in Sociology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To be admitted to UBC, you must successfully meet the general admission requirements that apply to all applicants, as well as the degree-specific requirements that depend on which country you’re applying from and what degree(s) you’re applying to.
- English is the language of instruction at UBC. All prospective students must demonstrate English-language competency prior to admission. There are nine different ways to meet the English Language Admission Standard.
- Graduation from a university-preparatory program at a senior secondary school
International39573 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39573 CAD per year during 24 months.
National5506 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5506 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.