The Earth Sciences BA program offered at San Francisco State University integrates knowledge of these separate disciplines in ways needed to understand and help solve important interdisciplinary problems, such as slowing and adapting to climate change and managing conflicting demands that humans make on the natural environment. It also prepares students to advise and educate others about issues requiring knowledge of how the Earth works.
- Beyond the basic foundation, students have great flexibility to adapt the program to satisfy many possible interests in the Earth sciences and prepare for a variety of careers.
- Some career possibilities include:
- High school and middle school science teaching.
- Technical support for firms engaged in environmental engineering, environmental monitoring and protection, natural resource analysis and management, hazardous materials and ecological remediation, computer mapping, etc.
- Technical support to city, county, state, and other governmental agencies charged with land use and other planning.
- Preparation for graduate education in such fields as resource management, environmental public policy, and environmental law.
- Science writing, editing, and librarianship.
- Interpretation for park systems, nature centers, museums, and other areas requiring natural science field skills and natural history communication skills.
- General Chemistry: Essential Concepts of Chemistry
- Quantitative Methods in Earth Sciences
- General Physics
- General Physics with Calculus
- Techniques in Earth Sciences
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Soil Science Geology View 657 other Bachelors in Geology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at San Francisco State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Complete and submit the CSU Application
- Students will be required to submit official, original or certified/attested copies of all original academic documents in the original language of issue
- Applicants who are presently attending a college or university in the United States must, in addition to their international records, submit official transcripts of all work completed and in progress
- Applicants must be qualified to enter a university in their home country and have a good scholastic record from an accredited/recognized school
- All applicants for admission to the University must pay a $55.00 application fee
- English language proficiency
International7522 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7522 USD per year during 48 months.
National7522 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7522 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.