The objective of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology program at New Jersey Institute of Technology is to prepare you for a wide variety of careers, including system designer, system verification engineer, network and telecommunications specialist, hardware or software engineer, system analyst, clinical engineer, biomedical technician and other associated careers.
- An ability to select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of their disciplines to broadly defined engineering technology activities.
- An ability to select and apply a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering and technology to engineering technology problems that require the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies.
- An ability to conduct standard tests and measurements; to conduct, analyze and interpret experiments; and to apply experimental results to improve processes.
- An ability to design systems, components or processes for broadly defined engineering technology problems appropriate to program educational objectives.
This program is accredited by the Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (TAC of ABET).
- Computer Architecture for Computer Technology
- Society, Technology, and the Environment
- Mathematical Analysis for Technology
- Circuit Measurements
- Embedded Systems
- Digital Logic and Circuit Design
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
For national students:
- After March 1st – Rolling admission for fall
- After November 15th – Rolling admission for spring
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 516 other Bachelors in Electrical Engineering in United States
- First-year application.
- All other applications.
- $75 application fee
- Official High School/Secondary School Transcript in English or a Notarized Copy
- Official SAT (use code 2513) or ACT (use code 2580) - optional, unless applying to the Albert Dorman Honors College or an accelerated program
- TOEFL/IELTS/Duolingo score
- Photocopy of passport
- Application for an I-20/DS-2019
- Portfolio - for applicants to the Hillier College of Architecture and Design.
International30160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30160 USD per year during 48 months.
National30160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30160 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State14448 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14448 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Newark
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.