The Chemistry BA program offered at San Francisco State University can be combined with another degree or minor to develop the unique synthesis of experience needed for careers in health professions, forensic science, environmental science, regulatory affairs, chemical engineering, patent law, management, sales, marketing, technical writing, scientific journalism, library science, and art restoration.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of key concepts and an ability to solve problems in the five chemistry sub-disciplines: analytical chemistry, biochemistry, inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry and physical chemistry.
- Perform basic chemistry laboratory procedures, including the use of modern instrumentation, for the synthesis, separation, isolation, analysis and characterization of molecules.
- Effectively communicate the results of scientific experiments in oral reports, technical graphics and written reports.
- Demonstrate the retention and synthesis of prior learning in advanced classes.
- Search the chemical literature for published work relevant to a project of interest, read and understand technical literature related to the discipline.
- Draw on classroom knowledge to contribute to solutions of problems encountered in a laboratory.
- Articulate an understanding of the relationship between chemistry and related disciplines such as biological science, materials science and environmental science.
- Contribute to solving problems encountered in chemistry as part of a team.
- Understand the key experiments that led to the development of chemical theories and models.
This program also provides excellent preparation for high school science teachers. Students planning to become K–12 chemistry or science teachers should note that additional preparation beyond the major is required to meet the breadth requirements and should consult with the credential advisor in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry to review the state-mandated requirements.
- General Chemistry
- General Chemistry: Quantitative Applications of Chemistry Concepts
- Organic Chemistry
- General Physical Chemistry
- Quantitative Chemical Analysis
- Inorganic Chemistry
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Chemistry Biochemistry View 2208 other Bachelors in Chemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at San Francisco State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Complete and submit the CSU Application
- Students will be required to submit official, original or certified/attested copies of all original academic documents in the original language of issue
- Applicants who are presently attending a college or university in the United States must, in addition to their international records, submit official transcripts of all work completed and in progress
- Applicants must be qualified to enter a university in their home country and have a good scholastic record from an accredited/recognized school
- All applicants for admission to the University must pay a $55.00 application fee
- English language proficiency
International7522 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7522 USD per year during 48 months.
National7522 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7522 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.