The UBC School of Nursing offers an innovative and advanced program designed to prepare leaders in nursing practice. As a Nursing student at University of British Columbia, you’ll be exposed to the latest technology, encouraged by leading academic scholars and teachers, and provided with a broad range of resources.
Through classroom study and clinical practice in acute care and community settings, you will graduate highly prepared to practise as a registered nurse in an ever changing health care environment. You’ll learn from faculty members who are continually recognized for ground-breaking and dedicated work to these substantive areas of nursing including primary health as well as theoretical and relational practice, research, leadership, policy and ethics.
The School of Nursing accepts applications from international students who meet the admission criteria; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given preference in the final selection process.
As a professional nurse and UBC graduate, you will be well-equipped to offer excellent service and garner high satisfaction from your new role. Some of UBC’s nursing graduates maintain their high level of skilled practice in acute care settings or in community. Others contribute to evidence-based practice with research in oncology, geriatrics, or with vulnerable populations in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside. Some also move into leadership roles, pushing the boundaries of nursing care in hospitals, agencies, extended care, and other institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations for Professional Nursing Practice
- Theoretical Perspectives in Nursing: People Living with Mental Health Challenges and Their Families
- Leadership, Ethics, and Policy in Health Care
- Professional Nursing Practice with Childbearing Individuals and Families
- Professional Nursing Practice with Communities and Populations
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 195 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To be admitted to UBC, you must successfully meet the general admission requirements that apply to all applicants, as well as the degree-specific requirements that depend on which country you’re applying from and what degree(s) you’re applying to.
- English is the language of instruction at UBC. All prospective students must demonstrate English-language competency prior to admission. There are nine different ways to meet the English Language Admission Standard.
- Graduation from a university-preparatory program at a senior secondary school
International39648 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39648 CAD per year during 20 months.
National5506 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5506 CAD per year during 20 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.