The field of new media explores new and evolving digital technologies—the internet, social software, hand-held and wearable devices, touch and gestural interfaces, the Internet of Things, virtual reality, augmented reality, and more—to create interactive and engaging digital experiences.
In the New Media Interactive Development program of Rochester Institute of Technology, you’ll learn the programming and computing skills for multiple interfaces, as well as the interactive design skills needed to create outstanding user interaction. You can focus your studies on a specific area of new media to truly explore your interests and adapt your skills to a range of emerging technologies.
In the new media interactive development degree, your course work is concentrated on programming and interactive development with in depth classes on topics such as mobile development and alternative interfaces, website design and implementation, physical/wearable computing, game design, game development, design and media production, interactive audio, and more. You’ll build professional-quality web sites, apps for mobile devices and tablets, and create social networking applications that connect people with technology and each other. You’ll learn to program using current and emerging technologies for interactive web design, touchscreens, wearables, and interactive objects in a digital environment. In addition, course work in design principles will make the interactive experiences you build look polished and captivating. Two blocks of cooperative education experience gives you full-time, paid experience working in industry.
Typical Job Titles
- Interactive Developer
- Front-end Web Developer
- Full-stack Engineer
- Product Engineer
- User Experience (UX) Developer
- Mobile Developer
- Creative Coder
- Interactive Media Producer
- New Media Interactive Design and Algorithmic Problem Solving
- Introduction to Interactive Media
- Discrete Mathematics
- Mathematics of Graphical Simulation
- New Media Design Digital Survey
- Co-op Preparation Workshop
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMathematics Design Media Studies & Mass Media View 2386 other Bachelors in Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the Common Application or RIT Application
- Pay the $65 application fee
- 4 years of math including pre-calculus required
- Requires chemistry or physics and strongly recommends both.
- Computing electives are recommended
- Submit an official high school transcript.
- Submit a letter of recommendation.
- Provide official or self-reported test results from the SAT or ACT.
- Students whose native language is not English must submit results of the TOEFL, IELTS or PTE.
International52030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52030 USD per year during 48 months.
National52030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52030 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Rochester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.