Mechanical engineers are sought-after in all types of industries, from food processing to pharmaceutical manufacture, as well as in high-profile sectors such as automobile and aerospace.
Accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE), and the Engineering Council, this is a modern mechanical engineering degree that is relevant to a range of industries. You could design, analyse, research and test anything from wind turbines to turbojet engines.
It has been developed with engineering professionals and forms the educational base for Chartered Engineer status, with a period of further learning. We have strong links with industry and place considerable emphasis on student projects. We also encourage industrial placements as part of a sandwich year option. This course is also available through Network75, a combined work and study route.
The Mechanical Engineering (Hons) degree from University of South Wales has a good reputation in industry, and our graduates have carved out successful careers in areas including research and development, design, manufacturing management, technical sales, and plant engineering.
USW’s Mechanical Engineering degree is fully accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematics for Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineers
- Design and Manufacture
- Engineering Computing Applications
- Engineering Mechanics
- Electrical Science
- Further Mathematics for Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineers
- Sustainable Engineering Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 1126 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Typical A-Level Offer
- BBB to include Mathematics and one other Science subject.
- Pass the Advanced Welsh Baccalaureate Diploma with Grade B in the Skills Challenge Certificate and BB at A Level to include Mathematics and one other Science subject.
- BTEC Extended Diploma Distinction Distinction Merit in a relevant Maths, Science or Engineering subject which must include Maths modules.
- Pass the International Baccalaureate Diploma with a minimum score of 29 overall including a score of 5 in Mathematics and one other Science subject at Higher Level. You will also need to obtain a score of 5 or above in English at standard level.
- Pass an Access to HE Diploma in Maths/Science and obtain a minimum of 120 UCAS tariff points
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.