Starting with the principles of interior design, you’ll progress to larger projects, and explore art, architecture, analytical drawing, printmaking, model making and CAD prototyping/fabrication as part of the design process. You will work on real-life projects, in collaboration with industry, the community and with other USW courses.
The Interior Design (Hons) degree from University of South Wales focusses on social and environmental responsibility, with many projects based on the adaptive re-use of existing buildings and spaces with an overriding passion for conservation. The Interior Design degree at USW will not only help you to develop a confidence and passion for the subject; it will equally prepare you for the professional workplace.
Students regularly win awards for their work, most recently in competitions set by the BBC and internationally renowned furniture designer and maker, Vitra. The Interior Design course also offers unique opportunities for work placements throughout the course, allowing students to develop their portfolios and gain industry contacts, as well as gaining invaluable skills and experience. Cardiff has a thriving creative industry with noted companies such as Paramount, Rio Architects and DMP based in the city, all of whom have USW graduates now working for them.
Successful graduates of the Interior Design course are employed as interior designers in design and architectural firms. A number of graduates have also chosen to set up their own design companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Building Analysis
- Ethical and Sustainable Design
- Interior Architectural Communication
- Interior Design Core Skills
- Interior Design in Context
- Interior Design Projects
- Year Two: Interior Design degree
- Conservation Principles and Sustainability
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Interior Design View 756 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Typical A-Level Offer
- BCC - CDD to include a relevant art and design subject (this is equivalent to 104-80 UCAS tariff points).
- Pass the Advanced Welsh Baccalaureate Diploma with Grade C/D in the Skills Challenge Certificate and BC - CD at A Level with a relevant art and design subject (this is equivalent to 104-80 UCAS tariff points).
- BTEC Extended Diploma Distinction Merit Merit - Merit Merit Pass in a relevant subject (this is equivalent to 112-80 UCAS tariff points).
- Pass the International Baccalaureate Diploma with a minimum score of 29 overall including 5 or above in English at standard level
- Pass Access to HE Diploma with a minimum of 80 UCAS Tariff points
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13700 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.