The Cognitive Science field, program offered by the University of California, Davis, draws from anthropology, biology, computer science, linguistics, neuroscience, philosophy and sociology to learn how the mind determines behavior. Students interested in artificial intelligence, linguistics, education, the health sciences and sociocultural careers will want to explore this field of study.
Real World Outcomes
Understanding human behavior is a core strength in many fields, making career paths for the cognitive science degree-holder wide-ranging. Because this area of study looks at the science of human behavior, careers range from the analytical to the social. A degree in cognitive science can prepare you for careers in artificial intelligence, business, data analysis, education, government intelligence, healthcare, human performance, information processing, law, marketing, product design, psychology, research and software design.
- Biological Basis of Language
- Biological Psychology
- Neuroeconomics/Reinforcement Learning & Decision Making
- Cognitive Neuroscience: The Biological Foundations of the Mind
- Advanced Cognitive Neuroscience
- Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNeuroscience Cognitive Sciences Linguistics View 354 other Bachelors in Neuroscience in United States
- To be competitive for freshman admission to UC Davis, prospective students must be on track to earn a high school diploma (or equivalent) and meet all UC freshman admission requirements. Our campus then reviews and assesses all applications as part of our UC Davis freshman application review process.
- Freshman 1applicants are required to take the ACT with Writing or the SAT with Essay no later than December 31 of the year they apply.
- International students must meet the same admission requirements and will be included in the same selection process as students from the United States.
International44400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44400 USD per year during 48 months.
National44400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44400 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State14646 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14646 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Davis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.