During the Bachelor of Accounting and Laws offered at Western Sydney University, you will develop professional legal skills, including the ability to analyse and interpret legal material, understand fundamental legal principles, the relationship between law and society, and solve non-legal problems. You can tailor study for career paths in a variety of local and international law fields.
The course meets the undergraduate academic requirements for admission to legal practice through the Legal Profession Admission Board and also satisfies the current pre-admission educational requirements for registration as a practicing accountant. Once you graduate, you may also pursue further specialised study.
You may also have the opportunity to take part in work experience during your course. Examples include working at the NSW Attorney General's in legal aid, working in cooperative Summer Research Programs with industry, and in the Australian Taxation Ofﬁce advisory support scheme. The School is also undertaking a pilot with the National Pro Bono Board for a student pro bono (volunteer) scheme.
As a graduate of Accounting and Law, you can look forward to career opportunities in:
- Taxation Or Insolvency
- Financial Accounting
- Forensic Accounting
- Courts and Law Firms
- Fundamentals of Australian Law
- Criminal Law
- Accounting in Context
- Principles of Economics
- Government and Public Law
- Auditing and Assurance Services
- The Accountant as a Consultant
- 60 months
- 120 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Law Accounting Business Law View 91 other Bachelors in Accounting in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Western Sydney University and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- All international students must have a good command of written and spoken English.
- If English is not your first language or was not the medium of instruction in your secondary or tertiary studies, you are required to demonstrate your proficiency in the English language by achieving a prescribed level in an approved English examination or test before you can receive a full offer of a place.
International30800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30800 AUD per year during 60 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.