The American Historial Association and other organizations have drawn recent attention to the critical importance of attracting talented undergraduates into high school and middle school teaching. It is an occupation particularly suited to those who want their future profession to present an intellectual challenge and an opportunity to make a difference in society.The History and Social Science Education program is offered at University of Southern California.
All of the courses are drawn from the regular curriculum in history, economics, and political science, providing a major which will prepare students for a profession in teaching while obtaining a strong liberal arts background. The required capstone seminar has been created specifically for the major and focuses on the requisite skills for teaching in a secondary school environment.
USC is accredited by the Senior College and University Commission (WASC Senior or WSCUC) of the Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS WASC).The WASC accreditation process aids institutions in developing and sustaining effective educational programs and assures the educational community, the general public, and other organizations that an accredited institution has met high standards of quality and effectiveness. The Commission accredits institutions, not individual programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Approaches to History
- Principles of Microeconomics
- The History of California
- Modern Europe
- Modern Latin America
- Theory and Practice of American Democracy
- Principles, Institutions, and Great Issues of American Democracy
- The Emergence of Modern Europe
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation History View 1585 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official Test Scores
- Transcripts: First-year applicants should submit official transcripts of all high school and college coursework completed.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: One letter is required from either your school counselor or a teacher from your school. Applicants to the School of Cinematic Arts must submit three letters of recommendation.
- Portfolio, resumé and/or additional writing samples: if required by major. Performance majors may also require auditions. Refer to the Additional Application Requirements section, below, for more information.
- Submit your fall grades (when available)
International57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.