Human Biology is distinguished from the Biological Sciences degree by its focus on the human organism. This major is designed for students seeking a focused course of study in human anatomy, physiology, metabolism, and/or evolution. Various emphases are available for the BS and BA degrees, including: Physiology, Biomedical Sciences, Health and Disease Prevention, Human Evolutionary Biology, and Human Performance.
The Human Biology BA program from the University of Southern California is designed as a more flexible option, allowing students to combine studies in Human Biology with other interests, e.g. business, psychology, education, or music. In both cases, students will complete a general core of lower division science courses then select a focused track, such as biomedical science, applied physiology, or human evolutionary biology, along with complementary electives.
- The Human Animal
- Human Anatomy
- General Biology: Organismal Biology and Evolution (GE-D) or
- Advanced General Biology: Organismal Biology and Evolution
- General Biology: Cell Biology and Physiology (GE-D)
- Advanced General Biology: Cell Biology and Physiology
- Precalculus (GE-F) or
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Human Medicine Natural Sciences View 761 other Bachelors in Human Medicine in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official Test Scores
- Transcripts: First-year applicants should submit official transcripts of all high school and college coursework completed.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: One letter is required from either your school counselor or a teacher from your school. Applicants to the School of Cinematic Arts must submit three letters of recommendation.
- Portfolio, resumé and/or additional writing samples: if required by major. Performance majors may also require auditions.
- Submit your fall grades (when available)
International60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 60446 USD per year during 48 months.
National60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 60446 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.