In addition to the standard mathematics courses, students in concentration C take a year of programming in a high-level language, a course on principles of digital systems, and a course on data structures. University at Buffalo offers a bachelor degree in Mathematics - Computing and Applied Mathematics.
Program Learning Outcomes
By the time of graduation, students should have acquired the following skills:
- Proficiency in basic computational methods in calculus, algebra, and differential equations.
- Facility with computer-aided computations.
- Understanding of the basic rules of logic and proficiency in using them.
- The ability to derive general principles from examples.
- The ability to formulate mathematical conjectures and to test them.
- The ability to complete mathematical proofs.
- The ability to relate mathematical concepts to problems arising in other disciplines.
- The ability to represent problems and ideas precisely in mathematical terms.
- The ability to identify facts and techniques relevant to a given problem, and proficiency in using them to solve the problem.
- Comprehension of the general framework of mathematical research; an understanding of the role of axioms, assumptions, theorems, proofs, and conjectures.
- The ability to present clearly mathematical concepts, statements, and arguments
- Data-Oriented Computing
- Elements of Set Theory
- Elements of Geometry
- Communication Literacy
- Data Structures
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Computer Sciences View 847 other Bachelors in Applied Mathematics in United States
- Academic materials
- English proficiency
- SAT / ACT
- Personal essay
- Recommendation letters
- Special Major Requirements
International24990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24990 USD per year during 48 months.
National24990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24990 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State7269 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7269 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.