This course of study prepares students for careers in law enforcement, corrections, the courts, investigations, juvenile justice, private and homeland security, and related social and human services.
- The BA in Criminology, Law and Society from George Mason University is well-suited for students who wish to study the field while branching out into related areas of study.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Criminal Justice Ethics
- Research Methods and Analysis in Criminology
- Constitutional Law: Criminal Process and Rights
- Crime and Crime Policy
- Social Inequality, Crime, and Justice
- Human Rights and Justice
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Criminal Law Criminology View 1593 other Bachelors in Sociology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed online application and application fee. Mason accepts the Common Application and George Mason University’s Undergraduate Application for Admission.
- Certified official, original transcripts from all secondary schools as well as official results from any leaving certificates or university entrance exams taken. A certified English translation must be submitted for any documents not already in English.
- Official scores from SAT or ACT. International students have the option to submit SAT or ACT scores with your application or apply Score Optional.
- Secondary School Report (PDF) and counselor recommendations. We suggest sending two (2) letters of recommendation, one from a high school counselor and one from a teacher.
- An optional, but strongly encouraged Personal Statement or Essay of approximately 250 words explaining to the Office of Admissions why YOU want to attend university study.
- Resume for any applicant with gaps in enrollment.
International72948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36474 USD per semester during 48 months.
National72948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36474 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State26028 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13014 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.