With the rapidly expanding importance of chemical biology as a key discipline in the chemical and molecular sciences, the Chemistry Department offers a B.S. degree in Chemistry with emphasis in Chemical Biology. Building on solid groundings in general, organic, analytical and physical chemistry, the B.S. in Chemical Biology integrates core knowledge contents from the interface between chemistry and biology, combined with practical laboratory experience and access to the latest chemical instrumentations. Chemical Biology majors will receive thorough training and in-depth preparation to enable them to pursue careers in the field of chemical and molecular biology, biochemistry or any related field in the molecular sciences.The program is offered at University of Southern California.
The primary goal of each of the five majors offered by Chemistry is to prepare students for entering careers in the chemical and molecular sciences and associated fields related to chemistry. A large fraction of our graduates go on to advanced and post-graduate studies in chemistry, biology, health sciences, materials, engineering and other related fields. Every graduate of the Chemistry Department will have completed a rigorous, challenging and integrated program which includes fundamental course work aimed at building foundational knowledge in chemistry and related fields, as well as advanced course work aimed at exposing students to the latest advances and development in the molecular sciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Chemistry
- Advanced General Chemistry
- Linear Algebra and Linear Differential Equations
- Fundamentals of Physics I: Mechanics and Thermodynamics
- Fundamentals of Physics II: Electricity and Magnetism
- General Biology: Cell Biology and Physiology
- Analytical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Chemical Nanotechnology Laboratory
- Advanced Chemical Biology Laboratory
- Directed Research
For more information, please visit the program website.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 1803 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official Test Scores
- Transcripts: First-year applicants should submit official transcripts of all high school and college coursework completed.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: One letter is required from either your school counselor or a teacher from your school. Applicants to the School of Cinematic Arts must submit three letters of recommendation.
- Portfolio, resumé and/or additional writing samples: if required by major. Performance majors may also require auditions. Refer to the Additional Application Requirements section, below, for more information.
- Submit your fall grades (when available)
International57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.