As a student in the Biochemistry program at the University of Hawaii at Manoa, you will earn a solid foundation of scientific knowledge and experimental skills that enables specialization in research, teaching, business, or professional practice, and thus these majors are popular for those interested in biomedical careers.
- understand macroscopic properties of materials as manifestations of the properties of atoms and molecules,
- understand the principles and practices of measurement, and both quantitative and qualitative analysis,
- use mechanistic reasoning to understand and predict reactivity and stereochemistry; use these principles for the preparation of new materials,
- develop laboratory skills in preparation, purification, and characterization of materials,
- understand the principles and practices of documentation, interpretation of experimental data and communication of results; be familiar with the modern literature search and retrieval techniques.
- Fundamentals of Biochemistry
- Elements of Biochemistry
- Basic Biochemistry
- Basic Biochemistry Lab
- Introduction to Molecular Biology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 2884 other Bachelors in Biology in United States
High School Course Requirements :
- English 4 Units
- Math 3 Units
- Science 3 Unites Social Science 3 Unites
- Other College-Prep - 4 Unites
- Electives 5 Unites
International33336 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16668 USD per semester during 48 months.
National33336 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16668 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State11304 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5652 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Honolulu
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.