Chicano / Latino Studies offered at University of Southern California is a multidisciplinary program designed to provide students with a critical understanding of the historical, cultural, social, and political experience of Chicanos and Latinos, with a particular emphasis on the development and culture of the Chicano/Latino communities in California and the West, as well as on both historical and contemporary effects of global issues on Chicano/Latino communities.
By drawing upon courses in American Studies and by emphasizing comparative as well as interdisciplinary study, this program offers training in the analytic tools and methods of interpretation appropriate for studying the Chicano/Latino experience in its particularity, and ethnic and cultural study in general.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Chicano and Latino Literature
- U.S. Latino Fiction and the Literature of the Americas
- Social and Geographic Varieties of Spanish
- Latino Social Movements
- Cultural Circuits in the Americas
- Chicana and Latina Experiences
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies View 1857 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official Test Scores
- Transcripts: First-year applicants should submit official transcripts of all high school and college coursework completed.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: One letter is required from either your school counselor or a teacher from your school. Applicants to the School of Cinematic Arts must submit three letters of recommendation.
- Portfolio, resumé and/or additional writing samples: if required by major. Performance majors may also require auditions. Refer to the Additional Application Requirements section, below, for more information.
- Submit your fall grades (when available)
International57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.