What will you do?The Health and Medical Sciences (Advanced) from University of Adelaide emphasises innovation and entrepreneurship, as well as applied clinical and research skills. You will:
- explore health from cellular, system, individual and population perspectives
- study solutions to frontline healthcare problems in a unique “hacking health” course
- learn about health collaborations and get hands-on training in our state-of-the-art Adelaide Health Simulation
- develop strategies for getting health discoveries into practice with the University’s Entrepreneurship, Commercialisation and Innovation Centre
- learn from award-winning health researchers
- undertake a year-long research placement or internship.
This degree has been developed in consultation with industry partners and employers who are seeking graduates with a broad range of skills and an understanding of health. Students will be given the foundation to develop the professional skills required to succeed in a future career in the health industry. Career opportunities for the Bachelor of Health and Medical Sciences (Advanced) graduates vary depending on specific interests and the major selected, but may include:
- Medical/research/clinical/nutrition scientists in research institutes, hospitals, diagnostic and pathology laboratories, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and universities
- Health information and promotion officers, health policy advisors and planners; community health workers.
- Further Masters and Postgraduate study to gain qualification in a health profession such as Medicine, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Nutrition and Dietetics etc.
Programme StructureThe Medical Health stream offers majors in:
- Clinical Trials
- Medical Sciences
The Lifespan Health stream offers majors in:
- Nutritional Health
- Public Health
- Reproductive and Childhood Health
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 344 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Selection Rank (International) 95
- International Baccalaureate (IB) 37
- Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) 23
- United Entrance Certificate (UEC) [Malaysia] 5
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level 13
International39000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39000 AUD per year during 36 months.
Commonwealth-supported place: $8,746
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.