Courses offered by the department include guidance in solo performance, keyboard literature, piano pedagogy, piano four-hands and duo repertoire, collaborative performance with singers and other instrumentalists and harpsichord.
The faculty is among the nation’s most prominent. These acclaimed and devoted teachers are internationally regarded as soloists, recitalists, adjudicators and teachers of master classes and workshops. Although there is no provision for a major in piano pedagogy, faculty specialists offer students interested in teaching careers ample opportunity for intensive study in that field.
The BM in Music in Piano Performance is a four-year, 132-unit program consisting of course work in the major (individual instruction, piano literature, functional skills, piano pedagogy, interpretation of baroque music), core music studies (theory, aural skills, music history, conducting, large ensemble) and University of Southern California's general education and writing program. A senior recital is required.
All curricular requirements are evaluated on an annual basis and are subject to change. Students follow the curricular requirements as published in the USC Catalogue for their year of matriculation. A typical undergraduate credit load is 16-18 units per semester.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Individual Instruction Piano (lessons)
- Keyboard Collaboration
- Large Ensemble Elective
- Introduction to Piano Repertoire & Performance
- Four-Hand Keyboard Repertoire
- Piano History & Literature
- Interpretation of Baroque Music
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 2096 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official Test Scores
- Transcripts: First-year applicants should submit official transcripts of all high school and college coursework completed.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: One letter is required from either your school counselor or a teacher from your school. Applicants to the School of Cinematic Arts must submit three letters of recommendation.
- Portfolio, resumé and/or additional writing samples: if required by major. Performance majors may also require auditions. Refer to the Additional Application Requirements section, below, for more information.
- Submit your fall grades (when available)
International57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.