The Bachelor of Arts offers a full overview of what's going on in Animation today. Students leave the program having honed their skills as artists and with an appreciation for the areas of the media industry that are most in need of the type of Animation they have chosen as a specialty. Areas of concentration might include character animation, experimental animation, visual effects, 3D computer animation, science visualization and interactive animation.
The Bachelor of Arts in Animation & Digital Arts at University of Southern California is a unique four-year program granted through the USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences in conjunction with the School of Cinematic Arts. Students study within the framework that combines a broad liberal arts background with specialization in a profession. Areas of concentration might include character animation, experimental animation, visual effects, 3-D computer animation, science visualization and interactive animation.Undergraduate students take their pre-professional courses in the University of Southern CaliforniaDornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences, including the general education requirements. Major courses are selected from the curriculum of the School of Cinematic Arts. The degree requires 128 units, including a minimum of 16 lower-division units and a minimum of 26 upper-division units in Cinematic Arts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Reality Starts Here
- Introduction to the Art of Animation
- Introduction to the Art of Movement
- Intermediate Animation Production
- Introduction to 3-D Character Animation
- 3-D Character Performance Animation
- Expanded Concepts in 2-D/3-D Animation
- Professionalism of Animation
- Ideation and Pre-Production
- Senior Project
- The World of Visual Effects
- Writing for Animation
- History of Animation
- Introduction to Cinema
- History of the International Cinema II
- Introduction to Drawing: Studio Projects, Methods, Materials.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 1958 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official Test Scores
- Transcripts: First-year applicants should submit official transcripts of all high school and college coursework completed.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: One letter is required from either your school counselor or a teacher from your school. Applicants to the School of Cinematic Arts must submit three letters of recommendation.
- Portfolio, resumé and/or additional writing samples: if required by major. Performance majors may also require auditions. Refer to the Additional Application Requirements section, below, for more information.
- Submit your fall grades (when available
International57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.