The BFA is a professional degree program, which offers a conservatory approach to training. This degree emphasizes practical experience in addition to traditional course work.
Graduating students of the B.F.A. in Design offered at University of Southern California are trained to become future theatrical designers, visionaries, and collaborators who will perform their jobs with the strength and grace to obtain the highest quality of storytelling in the next generation of professional theatrical media.
Effectively communicate design ideas both orally and visually through sketching, rendering, drafting, model-building and digital media.
- Show a fundamental proficiency in the current technology and understanding of the materials, methods and techniques utilized both in the shops and onstage.
- Gain the practical ability to see their designs come to life from concept through realization by collaborating on current productions fully supported by the School of Dramatic Arts.
- Develop a portfolio that enables the graduate to showcase his/her abilities while reflecting the individual personality of the designer. The portfolio should enable the designer to obtain work in their selected field or to gain admittance into graduate school for further studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Text Studies for Production
- The Art of Theatrical Design
- Methods and Materials
- Scenic Desig
- Lighting Design
- Periods and Styles
- Costume Design
- Drawing and Rendering for the Theatre
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign View 742 other Masters in Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official Test Scores
- Transcripts: First-year applicants should submit official transcripts of all high school and college coursework completed.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: One letter is required from either your school counselor or a teacher from your school. Applicants to the School of Cinematic Arts must submit three letters of recommendation.
- Portfolio, resumé and/or additional writing samples: if required by major. Performance majors may also require auditions. Refer to the Additional Application Requirements section, below, for more information.
- Submit your fall grades (when available)
International57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.