This Bachelor of Science in Applied Chemistry (Honours) degree at the University of Technology Sydney provides students with an opportunity to get involved in a research program in an area that interests them, as well as providing training in research techniques and experience with modern research instrumentation.
The honours program adds a new dimension to the skills students have acquired during their undergraduate years and enhances their immediate employment prospects and future career potential. An honours degree can lead into a postgraduate research degree.
Career options include developer, production manager, researcher, safety officer and sales manager in drug, food, industrial chemical and process, metal and alloy, and paint and plastic industries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The major component of the course is a research project that extends over the full duration of the course and normally takes the form of an experimental or analytical investigation, undertaken in the laboratory or the field.
- Candidates may also be required to undertake one or more critical reviews of the scientific literature in designated areas and to attend formal classes devoted to advanced coursework.
- The results of the project are presented in an oral seminar and in a written thesis, both of which are formally assessed.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry Biochemistry View 89 other Bachelors in Biochemistry in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline at an appropriate level
- The honours program is normally open to students who have attained at least a credit average over the final two-thirds of the undergraduate program.
- The English proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International42960 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 895 AUD per credit during 12 months.
- All offers made to domestic undergraduate students will be for Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.