There is a strong interrelation between the progress of engineering and developments in science, and a demonstrated need for professionals with a strong understanding and experience in both areas.
A strong professional focus ensures graduates of this course learn the skills employers want with a solid link between theory and practice and the benefits of hands-on experience.
Majors include Mechatronic Engineering.
This combined Bachelor degrees in Engineering (Honours) - Medical Science at the University of Technology Sydney can be completed in less time than would be required to complete the two degrees separately.
This course aims to produce graduates with professional qualifications in medical science and engineering who are well prepared to pursue a career in either field, or one that combines the skills of both.
Career options include positions in biotechnology, communications, construction, energy and resource exploration and development, environmental protection and management, materials technology, mathematical modelling, medical technology and instrumentation, molecular biology, nanotechnology and transportation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The engineering major is selected at the time of admission; however, it is possible to apply to change major at a later date. Students selecting the flexible major should decide by the end of the first year of full-time study whether to transfer to a designated major or continue with the flexible program.
- Core subjects
- Major choice (Engineering)
- Core subjects (Medical Science)
- Professional Engineering Practice stream
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Health Sciences General Engineering & Technology View 412 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed an Australian Year 12 qualification, Australian Qualifications Framework Diploma, or equivalent Australian or overseas qualification at the required level.
- The English proficiency
- To obtain a student visa to study in Australia, international students must enrol full time and on campus. Australian student visa regulations also require international students studying on student visas to complete the course within the standard full-time duration. Students can extend their courses only in exceptional circumstances.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International46494 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 945 AUD per credit during 60 months.
- All offers made to domestic undergraduate students will be for Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.