The combined Bachelor degrees in Engineering (Honours) - Professional Engineering Practice at the University of Technology Sydney offers an authentic, professionally focused and practice-based education program with two semesters of internship (normally paid) in a real workplace setting.
A number of the areas of study are available with explicit specialisations. For example, Civil Engineering is available with specialisations in Structures and Construction.
Majors include Biomedical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, Data Engineering, Software Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
Students can also focus on or broaden their studies by completing electives. By appropriate choice of electives, students can gain knowledge in a second engineering discipline, obtain a sub-major in a different field or study postgraduate degree subjects and apply for credit towards an engineering master's degree.
The concept has been strongly endorsed in wide-ranging industry consultations. Interaction between work experience and academic curriculum is very strong, giving the program a depth that no other full-time academic course can match.
The course aims to equip graduates with the skills and attributes needed for professional practice and leadership.
It is based on the themes of academic development, personal development and professional formation.
It provides sound foundations in engineering theory, technical expertise and knowledge of professional practice, while also developing academic literacy, advocacy skills and social awareness so that graduates become lifelong learners and effective citizens in many different capacities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Civil and Environmental Engineering specialist stream
- Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering specialist stream
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering specialist stream
- Core subjects
- Professional Engineering Practice Program subjects
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Software Engineering View 323 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed an Australian Year 12 qualification, Australian Qualifications Framework Diploma, or equivalent Australian or overseas qualification at the required level.
- The English proficiency
- To obtain a student visa to study in Australia, international students must enrol full time and on campus. Australian student visa regulations also require international students studying on student visas to complete the course within the standard full-time duration. Students can extend their courses only in exceptional circumstances.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International48576 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1012 AUD per credit during 60 months.
- All offers made to domestic undergraduate students will be for Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.