Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
Scholarships are for outstanding international students who demonstrate academic achievement and a commitment to being a successful student at Boise State University. The awards waive the entire nonresident portion of tuition and fees for new international freshman or transfer students.
The scholarship is worth $8,000 per year for 2 years (4 semesters).
- Only incoming students are considered for the Treasure Transfer scholarship. Consideration is based on admissions materials received by the scholarship deadline. A complete application includes the admissions application AND transcript(s). All criteria must be met by the deadline.
- For students that do not meet the deadline, you may be eligible for other opportunities found under step four.
- *Students must have an eligible major for the Treasure Transfer scholarship, if one of the following majors is declared you will not be eligible for the Treasure Transfer: Nursing, Pre-Nursing, Radiological Science, Pre-Radiological Science, Alternative Fee Programs, and fully online programs. These programs are subject to change.
- Scholarship recipients are still responsible for resident fees and the uncovered portion of the nonresident fees. Online courses that charge a per-credit fee instead of standard tuition do not count toward the required 12 credits per semester.
- **Recipients must be enrolled in at least 12 credits each semester (fall & spring) and successfully complete at least 24 credits combined (fall & spring). One-semester recipient (fall or spring only) must successfully complete at least 12 credits.
- Transfer students must have a cumulative unweighted high school GPA of 3.40-4.0.
Study experience required
By submitting a complete application and meeting the criteria listed, you will automatically be considered for one of the following scholarships without an additional application: Foothills, Ridgeline, or Summit.A complete application includes the following required materials: admissions application and transcript(s). Boise State Admissions must receive all required materials by the deadline.
Nonresident Fall 2023 Deadline: December 15
Nonresident Spring 2024 Deadline: October 1