Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
Scholarships are for outstanding international students who demonstrate academic achievement and a commitment to being a successful student at Boise State University. The awards waive the nonresident portion of tuition for new international first-year students or transfer students.
The scholarship is worth $2,000 per year for 4 years (8 semesters).
- Only incoming students are considered for the Foothills, Ridgeline, or Summit scholarships. Consideration is based on admissions materials received by the scholarship deadline. A complete application includes the admissions application AND transcript(s). All criteria must be met by the deadline.
- Students must have an eligible major for the Foothills, Ridgeline, or Summit scholarships, if one of the following majors is declared you will not be eligible for the Foothills, Ridgeline, or Summit: Nursing, Pre-Nursing, Radiological Science, Pre-Radiological Science, Alternative Fee Programs, and fully online programs. These programs are subject to change.
- Scholarship recipients are required to enroll full-time (12 credits) each semester of the award (fall & spring) and are still responsible for resident fees and the uncovered portion of the nonresident fees.
- Recipients must be enrolled in at least 12 credits each semester (fall & spring) and successfully complete at least 24 credits combined (fall & spring).
- While courses that are repeated within the same academic year may be eligible for federal financial aid, they do not count toward the 24 credits required for scholarship renewal.
- Be a first-time Boise State University student seeking an undergraduate degree with a full-time course load.
- Transfer students must have an overall equivalent college GPA of 3.20-3.49.
- New students must have an equivalent unweighted high school GPA of 3.20-3.49.
Study experience required
By submitting a complete application and meeting the criteria listed, you will automatically be considered for one of the following scholarships without an additional application: Foothills, Ridgeline, or Summit.A complete application includes the following required materials: admissions application and transcript(s). Boise State Admissions must receive all required materials by the deadline.
Nonresident Fall 2023 Deadline: December 15
Nonresident Spring 2024 Deadline: February 15