Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
Established by the University Council in 2017 to encourage excellence in areas of academic achievement and rugby, these scholarships are available to academically strong students with demonstrated high-level ability in rugby.
- Tenure is up to three years. Tenure in years two and three requires a GPA of 3.0 or better (C+), and to have passed all papers for the previous year.
- $6,000 for year one. $5,000 for year two and $5,000 for year three, subject to satisfactory academic performance.
- Are New Zealand citizens, New Zealand permanent residents, Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents with domestic fee status;
- International students who have completed Year 12 and have completed or are in the process of completing Year 13 at a New Zealand school, or an equivalent foundation level course at a New Zealand tertiary institution.
- Are intending to enroll or have enrolled for the first time for first-year (100-level papers), full-time degree-level, undergraduate study at the University of Otago.
- Those who have studied more than 0.4 EFTs at any University or tertiary institution at degree-level or higher are not normally eligible.
- Exceptions to 0.4 EFTS or less are considered when all previous University or tertiary level study has been undertaken whilst concurrently enrolled at secondary school.
- Be performing at an elite level in Rugby.
- Have achieved NCEA Level 2 endorsed with merit, or equivalent.
Study experience required
Applicants will be advised to apply by the OURFC