Number of scholarships to award
Up to 2,500 AUD ($)
- tuition fee reduction
The Pathway to Victoria Scholarship is made possible by funding from the Victorian Government through Study Melbourne. It is available to a limited number of newly commencing international students starting a pathway course overseas, before commencing their principal course at Victoria University (VU) in Melbourne.
The total value of the scholarship is up to A$2500 as a one-off payment to be paid into the VU student account after completion of the pathway course at the first census date of the principal course.
New offshore international applicants applying to study an English course, Foundation Studies or Higher Education Diploma (pathway course) with a packaged offer into bachelor or master level of study at Victoria University (principal course). Pathway courses must have started after September 2021, and students must enrol in their principal course before the end of 2023. The number of scholarships available is limited.
- A limited number of Scholarships will be available and are awarded at the sole discretion of the University on a rolling basis.
- This Scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with another VU scholarship.
- Students who have received a scholarship or sponsorship from another organisation are not eligible for this Scholarship.
- Students must accept their full offer within two weeks of the date on the Letter of Offer, and before the Scholarship allocation has been exhausted.
- Successful applicants will be notified in their full offer letter. Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified.
- Students must make satisfactory academic progress and maintain full-time study load in the pathway course, and successfully transition to the principal course and have remained enrolled past the first census date of the principal course before the end of 2023 to remain eligible.
- Students who defer or take intermission during the pathway course will become ineligible.
- The Scholarship will be released after the first census date of the principal course.
- If students are unable to commence their principal course due to the ongoing Australian border closure, students will need to apply for a Leave of Absence from their studies until they are able to travel to Melbourne to retain the scholarship.
- The Pathway to Victoria Scholarship is not refundable, convertible to cash, or transferable to another individual, commencing study period, or course.
- Students studying at Victoria University Sydney are not eligible for this scholarship.
- By accepting the Pathway to Victoria Scholarship, students agree to the requirements and conditions of this Scholarship.
- The University’s decision concerning the assessment of eligibility for the Scholarship is final, and there is no right of appeal should the student be unsuccessful in securing the Scholarship, or has the Scholarship withdrawn.
- Victoria University may make changes to these terms and conditions without notice.
Study experience required
No application is required. Students will be automatically assessed after submitting their application for an eligible course.