Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
Purposes: For Chinese 3rd-year Bachelor, Master or PhD students who want to study or do research in the Netherlands for at least 1 academic year, for at most 4 years
The Sino-Dutch Bilateral Exchange Scholarship programme is a Dutch-Chinese scholarship programme.
Every year 25 Dutch and 25 Chinese students are offered a scholarship by the ministries of education of the People's Republic of China and the Netherlands.
The scholarship consists of a contribution of € 16,113.-- per year towards the total costs of a study or research in the Netherlands.
The scholarship amount will be paid (if applicable per year) by Nuffic directly to the scholarship holders. It will be paid in 3 instalments, spread over the year.
The following criteria apply for candidates:
- You are between 18 and 35 years old at the start of the study in the Netherlands (BA/MA candidates); the age limit for PhD candidates and visiting scholars is 50.
- You have the Chinese nationality and you are a permanent resident of China (living/working/studying in China) at the time of scholarship application.
- You are (conditionally) admitted to the programme for which you request the scholarship (MA/BA students).
- You are invited to do research or a complete PhD trajectory (PhD students/visiting scholars).
- Your BA/MA programme / research starts in an academic year, but not later than 1 January.
- The study/research for which you request the scholarship is a BA programme (final 2 years), an MA programme, a PhD trajectory (degree) or PhD level (visiting scholar).
- The BA/MA programme is registered in CROHO (BA/MA candidates).
- The Dutch institution has signed the Code of Conduct.
- The BA/MA programme or PhD trajectory is at least one (academic) year (12 months) and subsequent (if applicable) years must consist of whole years as well.
- The study programme or research for which you would like to receive the scholarship has a maximum duration of 4 years.
- You are nominated by CSC for the Sino-Dutch scholarship.
Study experience required
You have to submit your application both to the China Scholarship Council (CSC) and to Nuffic. Instructions on how to apply at CSC can be found on the CSC website.
Apply at the Dutch institution.
Read the application instructions (128.78 kB) carefully.
Collect all required documents and information.
Deadline: end of March for submitting an application.