Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
This scholarship has been established as an International Pathway Scholarship for eligible students entering the University of Newcastle. It is applicable for students who have completed an applicable pathway program (Foundation Studies, Degree Transfer, Degree Transfer Extended and Pre-Master's Program) at the College of International Education and will progress to their undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program.
The scholarship benefit is a 10% fee reduction for each year of remaining study under full-time study load, apportioned over each course taken.
The fee reduction will be determined based on individual course enrolment for each eligible term of study, and generally equates to approximately AU$350-500 per 10-units of study (indicative-only).
This will be administered for each term of study in your eligible program(s) as a tuition fee reduction against the amount of credits initially issued in your letter of offer. Please review the full terms and conditions for more detail.
The number of scholarships available is indicative. The University will aim to support all eligible recipients where funding permits.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an International full-fee paying student.
- Have successfully completed a Foundation Studies, Degree Transfer, Degree Transfer Extended or Pre-Master’s Program at the University of Newcastle College of International Education as part of a packaged offer into the University.
- Be commencing an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program at the University. Please note, this excludes ELICOS, Enabling, Non-Award, Higher Degrees by Research and quota-limited programs.
- Not be the beneficiary of a separate University scholarship unless prior approval for special dispensation has been obtained from the university.
- Meet all of the financial obligations of a full-fee paying international student, including the full tuition fee and other expenses for the purpose of obtaining your student visa, and in the event that eligibility for the scholarship is not maintained.
- Not be enrolling in an excluded quota program (see selection details).
Study experience required
No application is required for this scholarship.
Scholarships are automatically applied for upon application to the College of International Education at the point of progression to the recipient's undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program (where eligibility criteria is met).