Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences.
The scholarship amounts to € 5,000. You will receive this in the first year of your studies.
To qualify for the Holland Scholarship University of Groningen:
- You do not hold the nationality of one of the EEA countries;
- You are going to study in the Netherlands;
- You do not have a degree from an education institution in the Netherlands;
- You have excellent grades during your bachelor/undergraduate studies;
- You meet the specific requirements of the University of Groningen;
- You have a letter from the University of Groningen with an admission offer for one of the programmes mentioned in the list;
- Write a motivation letter in which you make clear why you are the right candidate for a Holland Scholarship University of Groningen.
Study experience required
The Holland Scholarship selection procedure is based on a comparison of all applicants that have submitted a complete Holland Scholarship application before the scholarship application deadline.
A ranking of candidates will be made after a careful evaluation of the applicant's academic merit (i.e. results obtained in study programme, academic research activities, overall evaluation of previous education etc.) and of the candidates' Holland Scholarship motivational statements.
Deadline: February (first call)