Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
The purpose of the Vice Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship is to support high achieving new undergraduate international students to study at Victoria University of Wellington in 2023. Scholarships will be awarded competitively on the basis of academic excellence.
Scholarships are valued at $10,000 for the first year of study which will be put towards tuition fees.
- Applicants must be new international students who are paying full international fees and are entering their first year of an undergraduate degree.
- Applicants are expected to have the equivalent to NCEA Level 3 Certificate endorsed with Excellence from Year 13 or an alternate equivalent qualification with an equivalent level to USA GPA of an A range. Students who have studied at a New Zealand high school, will be assessed based on NCEA Level 2 or 3 endorsed with Excellence.
- Applicants must be commencing their studies in Trimester 1, Trimester 2 or Trimester 3, 2023.
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you:
- Completed the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) programme at Victoria University of Wellington or the Victoria University of Wellington Foundation Studies Programme
- Are a Study Abroad or pathway student from one of our overseas partner universities
- Are studying a Graduate Certificate/Diploma, Postgraduate programmes or a PHD
- Are in your second or subsequent year of study in the same degree programme at Victoria University of Wellington.
Study experience required
There is no application procedure for the scholarship, eligible students will automatically receive the scholarship. Applicants will be assessed based on academic excellence and will be assessed when an application to study is submitted. Successful applicants will receive notification of the scholarship.