This year has gone by fast, and most students who are applying to schools are afraid that they have missed their application deadlines. After May, it almost seems like everyone around you has already received their acceptance letters. But, don’t worry! According to the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC), plenty of universities are still accepting applications for Fall 2019. That’s this year!
So, if you’re still eager to find a new university to apply to and to enrol in this year, here are some great universities for you to keep in mind. These are schools all over the U.K. who are welcoming first-year university students and transfer students; and if you’re looking for a place to enrol for your Bachelor’s degree, these universities are still looking for smart, ambitious students like you.
- Aberystwyth University - Deadline: June 30th, 2019
- City University of London - Deadline: ongoing
- Hult International Business School - Deadline: November 1st, 2019
- Manchester Metropolitan University - Deadline: June 30th, 2019
- The University of Edinburgh - Deadline: June 30th, 2019
- University of Derby - Deadline: ongoing
- University of East Anglia - Deadline: ongoing
- University of Essex - Deadline: ongoing
- University of Kent - Deadline: July 31st, 2019
- University of Surrey - Deadline: June 30th, 2019
- University of Westminster - Deadline: June 30th, 2019
Please note that these are general application dates, that do not necessarily apply to all the programmes offered by these universities. Always make sure to check the deadline on the programme page.
A quick note on ‘ongoing’ deadlines
When you see that some programmes have an ‘ongoing’ deadline, this means that they have not fixed an official date or deadline. This does not mean that you can apply any time you wish. Rather, it means that some universities will continue to review applications until they have filled their capacity, or until they’ve decided there are no more qualified candidates.
You should still apply as soon as possible,to make sure that you have a good chance of getting admitted. The sooner the better! You want to show them quickly that you are a qualified candidate before they find someone else.
How to successfully apply to a U.K. university
Making your last-ditch effort to get into a university will require a lot of work on getting your applications ready. There are some important things to know about your university applications, and below we’ll list some key tips that every student should know about applying to the U.K.
Luckily for you, universities in the U.K. typically allow all students to apply through the online UCAS application website. So, before you do anything, be sure to register there and start filling in the online application.
- Decide what kind of degree you want to pursue. U.K. degrees are all different and each one has a different set of subjects and requirements. Be sure to know the difference between all of the degree options.
- Have your school records ready, including all of your grades and results from your secondary (or postsecondary, if available) education.
- Double-check whether there are any testing requirements before you apply to your university of choice.
- Look into scholarship options and make sure you know how much you are able to pay before starting your applications.
Once you have applied to a university, you should also immediately start applying for your U.K .visa. Be sure to know what the requirements are for your visa before you start applying for it; but it is a good idea to get that application started when you have enrolled (or, if possible, after you’ve been accepted to a university).
Also check out plenty of Master's degrees worldwide.